Book your stay
Top 10 ways to embrace the Jersey experience this Autumn
Many people cite Jersey as a perfect getaway destination for a summer break closer to home, but don’t be fooled into thinking our little island has nothing special to offer during the autumn months. With our varied landscapes, miles of coastlines, beaches and country pathways, not to mention our unique culture and friendly locals, there are many magical autumnal activities to entice you during your stay here. And what’s more, many of them won’t cost you a penny!
- Explore the rugged northern coastline and walk along the cliff paths, one of our favourites is the stretch between Bouley Bay and Bonne Nuit if you are looking for a challenge.
- Discover Jersey’s rich neolithic history and search for our numerous dolmen sites across the island. Many of them are free to access, check out this map produced by Jersey Heritage.
- Wander around one of our wonderful reservoir walks - On the east side of the island you can find Queen’s Valley reservoir, and on the west you can visit Val de la Mare reservoir, both of which look spectacular in autumn.
- No matter the time of year, there are always treasures to be found on Jersey’s many beaches. Spend a morning beachcombing for shells, sea glass and driftwood left behind by Jersey’s impressive tides.
- Take a stroll through the quaint streets of St Helier for some good old fashioned window shopping. A visit to the traditional Victorian Central Market is a must!
- Search out for a local pub serving our traditional cold-weather stew and taste a truly authentic Jersey bean crock. Why not complete the Jersey experience with a pint of Liberation Ale?
- Head to the coast at Grosnez to visit the cliff top ruins of a 14th century castle - an ideal sunset or stargazing spot that’ll cost you nothing.
- Take a selfie with a Jersey cow! We’re not ashamed to be proud of our local breed, take a stroll through any of Jersey’s beautiful green lanes and sooner or later you’re bound to spot a field of Jersey cows.
- Grab a pair of wellies and head out to St Catherine’s Woods. These beautiful woodland trails are especially magical this time of year as the leaves begin to turn and warm the soul with their fiery colours.
- Watch the sunset from St Ouens Bay. Take shelter at the Watersplash Beach Bar & Diner as you stay warm and cosy inside with a hot drink in hand, with the perfect view watching the sun disappear over the horizon.
Back to News >
If you're looking for that last minute getaway this Autumn, book in confidence knowing that you have flexibility to protect your travel plans with our new Flexible Rate. You can read more about these options, as well as find out more about traveling to Jersey and how we are safely operating our hotels here.