Chef de Partie
Chefs & Kitchen | Pomme d'Or Hotel
The Pomme d’Or Hotel has a culture of creating moments of magic and memorable experiences for our guests and customers. We are looking for a passionate and creative Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team.
Every memorable dining experience at the Pomme d’Or begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. We encourage initiative and creativity, allowing you to use your passion for food to contribute to menu ideas and share ideas with the team
As a Chef de Partie you'll have the opportunity to gain experience working across all areas of the kitchen and will be key in supporting the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Why join the Pomme d’Or Hotel team ?
The 4-Star Pomme d’Or Hotel, one of Jersey’s most famous hotels, is located in the centre of the Island’s capital, overlooking Liberation Square and St. Helier’s yacht marina.
With 142 bedrooms, meeting facilities for up to 300 guests, popular restaurants, a contemporary styled Café Bar, 24 Hr room service and bar outlets, the Pomme d’Or enjoys thriving Business, Leisure and Function trade and is popular with both local and visitors alike.
We are looking for Experienced Chef De Parties to join our team in The Pomme D’or Hotel. You’ll be working with the very best of ingredients and technique.
- You will be in charge of a section in the kitchen i.e. Sauce, Meat, Fish, Grill, Hot / Cold Larder, Garnish
- A pivotal role, supporting the Head and Sous Chef, as the Chef de Partie you will be responsible for organising and running the section smoothly, managing and training the junior chefs under their direct supervision, ensuring the highest levels of food quality and consistency.
- Your duties also include food ordering for the section (possibly assisting with stock counting), food safety & hygiene files / procedures along with involvement in menu planning for dishes directly prepared by the section.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef de Partie with 4* or 5* hotel background
- You must have a proven appreciation & ability to cook from scratch using quality produce
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and good mentoring & interpersonal skills
- You must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task with excellent communication skills
As a family business, we believe that our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests and customers at the heart of everything they do.
Some of the great benefits for working for Pomme d’Or Hotel
- Varied and interesting work. No day is the same.
- Competitive salary and paid overtime.
- Training and personal development.
- Career development opportunities.
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided.
- Staff social events.
- Team member referral scheme.
- Live in accommodation available at a very favourable rate including all bills and food.
Are you an experienced Chef de Partie with a real passion for food? If this opportunity sounds like your next career move, please apply now!Apply now » < View all Vacancies