Updated 11 May 2021
The Government of Jersey is regularly updating the guidance for everyone travelling to Jersey however our borders are now open and from Friday 28 May Jersey’s traffic light system will be relaxed even further. England, Scotland and Wales will be classified as ‘Green’ and arriving guests will be offered a free PCR test on arrival and on day 8 with Northern Ireland being classified as ‘Amber’ until further notice. This applies to all passengers aged 11 and older, regardless of how they arrive in Jersey, the length of stay or frequency of travel to and from Jersey. For further information please refer to the Jersey Government, Travelling to Jersey website.
Our teams have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure a safe and warm welcome to the Merton Hotel.
Update on facilities and opening times
The Merton Hotel is now open for the season!
We understand that things may look a little different to what you have come to expect from us so we are using this page to keep you up to date with our operation as the Government restrictions ease over time. We are committed to providing you with the safest and most enjoyable stay that we can, whilst complying with the laws and regulations regarding COVID-19 prevention.
Leisure Club & Aquadome
The Aquadome will offer swimming as normal from opening, with guests required to book specific time slots.
- All arriving guests will be able to swim, if they wish, on their first evening between 5:30pm and 7:30pm.
- We will offer daily swimming sessions between 9:30am and 1pm, and from 1:30pm until 5pm. (This is to ensure that we manage the number of guests at each session).
- The sauna and steam rooms are now open
- Cascades Café will be open, and alcohol can now be served at the table
The Belvedere restaurant will be open for both breakfast and dinner and Sunday lunch
- The buffet in the Belvedere will be set out and presented as normal, with the same amazing selection of products. Guests are welcome to select from the buffet and will be served by one of our team. Guests must wear masks while standing but not when seated at the table.
- Alcohol can be served with no time limit or restrictions - we will provide a table service.
- Bonetti's Restaurant will be open as normal. Guests must wear a mask while standing but not when seated at a table. Alcohol can be served at the table.
- Cascades will be open as normal. Guests must wear a mask while standing but not when seated at a table. Alcohol can be served at the table.
- Jersey Joe's will be closed until the end of May but the menu will still be available to order from the Lobby Bar.
- The Lobby Bar will be open and serving a menu from Jersey Joe's in the evening. Guests must wear a mask while standing but not when seated at a table. Alcohol can be served at the table.
- The Games Zone will be open as normal
Star Room and Entertainment
- From 1 April we will present interactive quizzes and ‘Kids Zone Live’ with reduced sound levels and social distancing in place. Live music performances and shows cannot take place until Government restrictions are lifted on 12 April.
- We are now able to serve alcohol in the Star Room where table service will be required.
- Guests must wear a mask while standing but not when seated at a table.
- We can continue to serve alcohol with room service but we cannot allow different groups to mix in bedrooms.
We will also be providing a substantial take-away and delivery service from The Pomme d'Or Hotel with a variety of options; choose from our freshly prepared pizzas to delicious pasta dishes from our Italian inspired menu to a selection of burgers and hot dogs and our ever popular frozen meal selection - please see menu for details.
You can still support us when you purchase a Seymour Hotel Group gift card
Although our doors are currently closed you can still buy a Seymour Hotels Group gift card from the reception of our sister hotel at the Pomme d'Or. The gift card can be used at any of our establishments (Greenhills Country House Hotel, Pomme d'Or Hotel, Merton Hotel & Aquadome, and the Watersplash) on whatever the holder wants to spend them on and they are also valid for a full year from the date of purchase.
Call our team on 01534 880110, or find out more about our gift cards and how they can be spent on our website: www.seymourhotels.com/seymour-pounds/
Safe Stay Pledge
Reassuringly high standards of safety & hygiene
At Seymour Hotels of Jersey, the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and partners is always a top priority – even more so today. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness, and want you to feel at ease when you visit any Seymour Hotel, knowing you will experience the quality you expect from the Seymour brand.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we have responded by implementing new, stringent, precautionary operational measures to protect the health and safety of our staff and guests and to provide a safe and clean environment for all. These measures are described below:
- Increased levels and frequency of cleaning and sanitising throughout our properties
- More visible housekeeping ensuring correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available at all times
- New procedures for all areas of our operations with heightened emphasis on hygiene
- Enhanced training for all of our staff relating to Health & Safety and hygiene
- Increased numbers of hand sanitiser dispensers throughout our operations
- Increased and informative guest signage throughout our properties
- New spacing standards throughout our operations to facilitate physical distancing
- New criteria set for partners and suppliers to comply with the highest hygiene standards
Our 'Safe Stay Pledge' builds upon Seymour Hotels' already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where enhanced cleaning products and upgraded protocols are already in use. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness records and have taken this stance to reassure all our customers, suppliers and staff that we will continue to develop these rigorous protocols over the coming weeks and months.
You can see our full Safe Stay Pledge here.
Covid-19 Booking Policy
The advice and guidance in response to the on-going coronavirus pandemic are regularly changing. Seymour Hotels is closely following all updates and it is important that our guests do the same. It is the guest’s responsibility to be aware of the advice, guidance and laws in Jersey – as well as those in place in their own locality – and act accordingly.
Our COVID-19 Refund Policy applies to all new direct bookings (as of 21/01/21) made for the calendar year 2021 in the event of:
- Restrictions on travel due to COVID-19 outbreak dictated by your local government for your stay dates.
- You or any member of the party are unable to travel due to sickness and/or isolation due to COVID-19.
- The Jersey Government requires your local area to isolate for more than 3 days upon arrival or implements a lockdown.
- Transfer your holiday value to new dates in 2021/22 with no amendment fee. You may be subject to any rate changes for a particular date. Email our reservations team for assistance.
- Request your booking to be moved onto a credit note valid for 12 months from your original due date of arrival.
- Cancel your booking and receive a full refund by emailing our reservations team. We aim to process refunds within 7 working days of your arrival date.
Terms and Conditions:
- We will require a link or screenshot of restriction to travel by your local authority by email.
- We will require proof of COVID-19 or isolation by email.
- Once a booking has been cancelled it will no longer be possible to be reinstated. Any new booking will be at the current prevailing rate.
- The COVID-19 Booking Policy is not valid for flight cancellations or date changes that are not as a direct result of the above.
- The COVID-19 Booking Policy is available until further notice and reserve the right to make any changes with immediate effect.
Please note that the above policy does not cover bookings made with a third party.