Book your stay
Celebrating World Gin Day in style!
There is no denying how much we love a good gin beverage here at the Greenhills, and in celebration of World Gin Day on the 12th June, our very own Restaurant and Bar Manager Andrew, has be experimenting with a unique brand new gin cocktail recipe - The Gin Spring Green.
Andrew's inspiration for this cocktail has very much been taken from the Greenhills experience itself;
"Being situated in the country side we love taking inspiration for new recipes from our surroundings. We have the most beautiful herb garden that we incorporate into the majority of things we offer here at Greenhills Country House Hotel. Being a massive gin lover myself and now that summer has arrived this is the perfect combination of inspiration for a refreshing and herby gin cocktail. Easy drinking, fresh and vibrant!"
If you're looking to taste this amazing and unique cocktail, Andrew has shared his recipe below:
Ingredients for the cocktail;
- 50ml Tarquins Gin
- 25ml Elderflower
- 10ml White Vermouth
- Cucumber cut into cubes (around 6)
- Palm full of fresh dill (keep a little for garnish)
- Palm full of fresh sweet basil
- 4 sugar snap peas (1 for garnish)
- Splash of pastis to rim the glass.
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- Edible flowers (for garnish)
How to make;
- Chill your cocktail glass and set aside for later.
- Add the sugar snap peas, cucumber, fresh dill and basil into a beaker. Add the Tarquins gin, elderflower, lemon juice and white vermouth. Muddle for about 1 minute until all ingredients are broken down.
- Pass into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake until condensation appears.
- Empty chilled cocktail glass and wash with a splash of pastis, empty afterwards.
- Double strain your cocktail into the cocktail glass. Garnishing with the left over sugar snap pea, fresh dill and edible flowers.
- Serve and enjoy.
Back to News >