Chefs & Kitchen | Pomme d'Or Hotel
Are you passionate about hospitality?
The Pomme d'Or Hotel, Jersey, has a culture of creating moments of magic and memorable experiences for our guests and customers. We are looking for a passionate Kitchen Porter to join our Kitchen team.
As a Kitchen Porter you play an important part of the kitchen team by support the Chef to create amazing dishes, carrying out different tasks, from keeping the kitchen spotless and pot washing to helping chefs with prep work?
What will I be doing as a Kitchen Porter?
- As a member of our kitchen team, you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness & efficiency of the dish-washing area.
- To maintain a high standard of Cleanliness, Hygiene and Safety in the kitchen and to report any hazards, sickness or accidents to the Head Chef, or in his absence to the Sous Chef
- Our Kitchen Porter’s are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in our Kitchen team.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who has a positive attitude and who makes our guests smile.
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Someone who is a good communicator.
- Someone able to cope with the physical demands of regular cleaning duties, lifting and carrying in our kitchen and back of house areas
- Experience isn’t necessary, you’ll be given full training and an induction to make sure you meet hotel standards and to understand cleaning procedures, use of cleaning materials and equipment etc.
Why join the Pomme d’Or Hotel’s team ?
The 4-Star Pomme d’Or Hotel, one of Jersey’s most famous hotels, is located in the centre of the Island’s capital, overlooking Liberation Square and St. Helier’s yacht marina.
With 142 bedrooms, meeting facilities for up to 300 guests, two popular restaurants, a contemporary styled Café Bar, 24 Hr room service and bar outlets, the Pomme d’Or enjoys thriving Business, Leisure and Function trade and is popular with both local and visitors alike.
As a family business, we believe that our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests and customers at the heart of everything they do.
Some of the great benefits for working for the Pomme d’Or Hotel
- Varied and interesting work. No day is the same.
- Competitive salary and paid overtime.
- Training and personal development.
- Career development opportunities.
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided.
- Staff social events.
- Team member referral scheme.
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Live in accommodation available at a very favourable rate including all bills and food.
If this opportunity sounds like your next career move, please apply now!Apply now » < View all Vacancies