Human Resources Manager
Management | Merton
Seymour Hotels is Jersey’s largest and longest established hotel and leisure business. Our group includes the Pomme d’Or Hotel, the Merton Hotel and Suites, the Aquadome, the Greenhills Country Hotel and the Watersplash. This year, Seymour Hotels will celebrate their 100th birthday and over the past century, we have helped thousands of our team members – past and present – to go further, try harder, and achieve more than they thought possible. We continue to invest heavily in the sector to ensure that we are on a sound footing for the next 100 years to come. It is an exciting time to be part of “our family”. Development, success, and enjoyment are the three pillars of Seymour Hotels careers. We provide our team with the opportunity to finesse their craft by providing expert training and guidance. We support our staff as they expand their skill set to help them fulfil a role they love.
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join the Merton Hotel.
The role of Human Resources Manager is a challenging and senior management position within the Merton hotel. It offers an opportunity to utilise your professional skills and enhance your career in all areas of Human Resources management. The successful applicant will manage all aspect of Human Resources and Training.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Human Resources and Training function for up to 180 staff, many of whom live in.
We are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about ensuring all Team Members have a great employee experience at all stages of their employment.
- The successful candidate will provide a Human Resources function for the hotel, ensuring that company policies & procedures are applied and that the company's core values are maintained.
- Supporting all Managers and HODs with regard to recruitment and selection, induction and training, staff welfare and performance management and other personnel matters
- Developing our management teams in People Management.
- Drive employee engagement
- Manage the staff assessment and appraisal system with departmental managers
- Manage weekly payroll, reports and forecasting and budgets.
- Ensure all associate files are up to date and accurate, seeking appropriate authorisations and references.
- Work with local schools and colleges to offer work experience and placements.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs
- A full role in the Duty Management of the Hotel
- Previous experience of HR, ideally in a hotel.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Good commercial awareness with a strong drive to deliver results.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight timescales when necessary.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to work.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Good influencing skills.
- Excellent adaptability to working with different management styles.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to influence
- Excellent Time Management skills
Why join the Merton Hotel?
The Merton Hotel is part of The Seymour Hotel group and is a leading 3 star family hotel on the island of Jersey. The hotel itself boasts 286 varying style bedrooms, various restaurants bar facilities, as well as Jersey’s only tropical hotel leisure complex, fun pool with 80 metre water slide and flowrider, together with gym, sauna and steam rooms and all manner of indoor entertainment for both children and adults.
As a family business, we believe that our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests and customers at the heart of everything they do.
Some of the great benefits for working for Merton Hotel
- Varied and interesting work. No day is the same.
- Competitive salary.
- Training and personal development.
- Career development opportunities.
- Complimentary meals on duty.
- Staff social events.
- Live in accommodation available at a very favourable rate including all bills and food.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounted Accommodation
- Employee Discount on Food & Beverage and Hotel Restaurants
- Staff social events.
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Long Service Awards
If you’re passionate about working and you are enthusiastic about delivering great hospitality, and you want a job that you’ll love as well as a challenge that will develop you, we'd love to hear from you.Apply now » < View all Vacancies