Rooms Division | Pomme d'Or Hotel
Seymour Hotels is Jersey’s largest and longest established hotel and leisure business. Our group includes the Pomme d’Or Hotel, the Merton Hotel and Suites, the Aquadome, the Greenhills Country Hotel and the Watersplash. In 2020, Seymour Hotels will celebrate their 100th birthday and over the past century, we have helped thousands of our team members – past and present – to go further, try harder, and achieve more than they thought possible. We continue to invest heavily in the sector to ensure that we are on a sound footing for the next 100 years to come. It is an exciting time to be part of “our family”. Development, success, and enjoyment are the three pillars of Seymour Hotels careers. We provide our team with the opportunity to finesse their craft by providing expert training and guidance. We support our staff as they expand their skill set to help them fulfil a role they love.
Are you passionate about hospitality and delivering outstanding guest service?
The Pomme d’Or Hotel Jersey has a culture of creating moments of magic and memorable experiences for our guests and customers. We now have an exciting opportunity for Head Housekeeper to join our Housekeeping team.
What will I be doing as a Head Housekeeper at the Pomme d’Or Hotel?
As a Head Housekeeper at the Pomme d’Or Hotel you will play a vital role in delivering a great experience to all our guests. You will be the kind of person who loves going the extra mile to make sure our guests have an amazing experience and leave wanting to come back again and again.
Without a head housekeeper, the hotel would rapidly come to a halt! Your primary role is to supervise, train and work alongside your staff to ensure all hotel rooms are sparklingly clean and in tip-top condition.
As a Head Housekeeper you will be required to have an eye for detail whilst completing a variety of duties.
As a Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible for the Housekeeping Department. Directs and works with Housekeeping team to ensure hotel guestrooms, public space, associate areas and staff accommodation are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action.
What are we looking for?
- For a highly experienced, hardworking and dedicated Head Housekeeper to lead our friendly Housekeeping team.
- Great time management skills so you can juggle your many duties
- Attention to detail to ensure rooms are spic and span and well serviced and that equipment is stored safely
- Health and safety knowledge, as some staff may need to be trained to use hazardous cleaning materials
- You've got to be self-motivated, adaptable, an excellent team motivator and team builder
- You need to be effective at cost control, keeping laundry other items within budget
Why join the Pomme d’Or Hotel team as a Head Housekeeper ?
The 4-Star Pomme d’Or Hotel, one of Jersey’s most famous hotels, is located in the centre of the Island’s capital, overlooking Liberation Square and St. Helier’s yacht marina.
With 142 bedrooms, meeting facilities for up to 300 guests, two popular restaurants, a contemporary styled Café Bar, 24 Hr room service and bar outlets, the Pomme d’Or enjoys thriving Business, Leisure and Function trade and is popular with both local and visitors alike.
As a family business, we believe that our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests and customers at the heart of everything they do.
Some of the great benefits for working for Pomme d’Or Hotel
- Fun filled and challenging days with never a dull moment!
- Access to relevant training courses
- Competitive salary
- Career Development – we promote development and promotion opportunities within our hotel and we are committed to the continuous development of all our employees.
- Complimentary meals on duty.
- Employee Social Club – we hold employee social events and activities throughout the year including our annual summer Barbeque and Christmas party.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Long Service Awards
- Live in accommodation available at a very favourable rate including all bills, food and Wifi.
- Healthcare Cash Plan - discounted rates to employees and family members.
- Employee Discount on Food & Beverage and Hotel Restaurants
If you’re passionate about working and you are enthusiastic about delivering great hospitality, and you want a job that you’ll love as well as a challenge that will develop you, we'd love to hear from you.
Apply now » < View all Vacancies