Central Reservations Supervisor
Group Support | Group Support
Seymour Hotels is Jersey’s largest and longest established hotel and leisure business. Our group includes the Pomme d’Or Hotel, the Merton Hotel and Suites, the Aquadome, the Greenhills Country Hotel and the Watersplash. In 2020, Seymour Hotels will celebrate their 100th birthday and over the past century, we have helped thousands of our team members – past and present – to go further, try harder, and achieve more than they thought possible. We continue to invest heavily in the sector to ensure that we are on a sound footing for the next 100 years to come. It is an exciting time to be part of “our family”. Development, success, and enjoyment are the three pillars of Seymour Hotels careers. We provide our team with the opportunity to finesse their craft by providing expert training and guidance. We support our staff as they expand their skill set to help them fulfil a role they love.
Are you passionate about hospitality and delivering outstanding guest service?
Seymour Hotels of Jersey has a culture of creating moments of magic and memorable experiences for our guests and customers.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Central Reservations Supervisor to join our busy and friendly team.
Your Role will involve:
- To answer all incoming Reservation enquiries, by telephone or fax, in a timely manner, to the agreed departmental standard, and wherever possible to convert them to bookings
- To adhere to the Minimum Rate/Minimum Stay Selling strategies, whilst always attempting to gain the highest possible revenue advantage for the hotel.
- To input Reservations into the reservations systems, ensuring all details are accurate and complete in line with the agreed departmental standard.
- To give a polite and friendly response to all incoming telephone inquiries.
- To process all email enquiries and reservation confirmations on the same day as receipt.
- To maintain accurate filing systems for all correspondence within the department, and ensure all filing is completed daily.
- To maximise hotel revenue by taking every opportunity to up-sell and cross-sell products and hotel services whenever possible.
- To build up a good rapport with customers / regular bookers on the telephone to encourage future loyalty and business opportunities.
- To ensure a high degree of personal skills, accuracy and attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- To perform as part of a team, assisting colleagues where necessary and carrying out other relevant duties as requested by the Reservations Manager.
- Covering for when the Reservation Manager is off.
- Training and Development of the team
you must have:
- Previous hotel reservations experience or hotel receptionist experience in a large property.
- Strong communication skills, customer focused, calm and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good administration, organisation and computer skills
- Lots of enthusiasm and energy
Some of the great benefits
- Varied and interesting work.
- Competitive salary.
- Training and personal development.
- Career development opportunities.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounted Accommodation
- Employee Discount on Food & Beverage and Hotel Restaurants
- Staff social events.
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Long Service Awards